Seven random things and the Versatile Blogger Award
February 25, 2012 § 5 Comments
So, we’ve been nominated for the Versatile Blogger Award. Thanks! We actually started this blog as a bit of an experiment, and are surprised that people are actually reading it. Thank you, My Guilty Pleasure, for the nomination. In the meantime, we get to nominate seven fellow bloggers for the award, while also sharing seven random things about ourselves.
In receiving this award, we have been asked to (same goes for those we are nominating) post the following in our blog,
Nominate 7 fellow bloggers for The Versatile Blogger Award.
In the same post, add the Versatile Blogger Award
Thank the blogger who nominated me and link back to them in this post (see above)
Share 7 random things about ourselves
In the same post, include this set of rules
Inform each nominated blogger of their nomination by posting a comment on each of their blogs
Seven random things about Dave and Libby at Green Pocket Protector:
1. When we’re not blogging, we’re real-life engineers. Dave works for a space contractor designing space stuff, and over a year ago, I transitioned from doing R&D for a space contractor, to doing artificial intelligence stuff for a tech company I started with another now-former-space-worker.
2. Green Pocket Protector’s weekly date out is to go to breakfast at iHop. Other than that, we don’t eat out much, mostly because we can cook pretty well ourselves.
3. We make our own sushi (someday we’ll blog about it, and we’ll show you how to do it too).
4. I like everything neat and tidy, and Dave likes everything out where he can see it.
5. We live in a rickety old farmhouse that we bought from Dave’s parents’ estate. We vowed to live with it for awhile, before we make any drastic changes. We’re still in the waiting period, and it’s so difficult to wait.
6. I play the conga drums.
7. Dave’s a racecar driver in his “spare” time. That barn behind our house? It’s mostly full of car parts.
Here’s the part where we nominate seven other bloggers for the Versatile Blogger Award.
Bad Ass Baker Chick (she’s a chef who’s also a biker…wait til you read her interesting blog; by day, she bakes, and in her spare time, she’s a badass baker on a scooter)
Foodimentary (I have no idea where Foodimentary Guy gets his information, but Dave and I love reading his blog…Foodimentary knows more about the history of food than anyone we know, and he’s funny, too)
Wuppenif (still our most favorite blog…they reeled us in with their posts about the wild turkeys on their property, and continue to entertain us with their honest portrayal of living green in Ontario, Canada)
Sex Drugs and Bacon Rolls (come on, what’s not to love? The name of this blog alone makes you want to read it. Anyway, they mostly write about food…primarily good food. We like their occasionally sardonic restaurant reviews).
Creative Noshing (I think they’ve already been nominated, but who cares? We love this blog anyway…lots of good food, and interesting stories accompanying)
We were going to nominate Eldon for number 7 (really funny blogger), but it turns out that someone already nominated him. However, we’re including him anyway, just because he writes funny stuff, and we know you’ll like him.
In your response, don’t forget to nominate 7 fellow bloggers for The Versatile Blogger Award. Thank the blogger who nominated you and link back to them in this post. Share 7 random things about yourself. And, in the same post, include this set of rules.